Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flag football

I love flag football. I love the fast-paced nature of the game, and the quick decision making it necessitates. I never really had an appreciation for football until I started playing flag football in Highschool, and since then I've been fascinated by the intensity of the game. I especially love playing quarterback (even though I'm a stress case sometimes) but I love the pressure of having to pass the ball quickly and accurately and trying to outsmart our opponents. I'm lucky that I still have a team to play for and I get to keep it up after all these years. People say tennis is a sport you can always play, but I'm starting to think that flag football is my forever game.

Having sad that, I might be outgrowing some of the ridiculous competitiveness that I used to love so much. I had a flag football game tonight and almost got in a fight. I'm not even kidding. I think we won like 40 to 0 and the other team started to get frustrated so they started attacking me, blitzing every play, then clawing my legs and kicking my ankles after I had thrown the ball. When I moved to receiver, a girl jumped on me and was called for pass interference. I gave her a little back pat and her teammate said, "Don't touch her!" and got up in my face. I kept my cool (I promise I did...I know some of you aren't believing me). Later I caught the ball and went to run with it and these girls converged on me and beat me up before pulling my flag. Grr..

Anyway, I love it. The Cowgirls are pretty awesome. Here's a video where you can see our stardom: http://www.byutv.org/watch/173-518


No comments:

Post a Comment